When Studying in Australia, you can not only rely on working though part time job options are available. There are restrictions on how long you work on your student visa. So it is better to search for other funding options such as Scholarships to study in Australia for free. However, you may not get the complete free education through these scholarships, but definitely, you will get financial support to complete your studies. Generally, the Scholarships in Australia covers the financial expenses of Students such as Tuition Fee, Travel Expenses, Books, and Lodging during their studies in Overseas.
Usually, the Scholarships in Australia are offered by the Government Agencies, Individual Universities, and others by external funding organizations and charitable enterprises. Especially, the Australian Government and Australian Universities provide a large number of scholarships for international students wanting to study in Australia. So you can apply for the Australian Scholarships to get financial assistance to complete your studies in Australia.
But these Scholarships in Australia are awarded to the students who has strong academics, good performance on standardized exams, and extracurricular achievements. To help the students planning to pursue higher education in Australia, we have compiled the list of Scholarships in Australia offered by the Colleges & Universities as well as scholarships granted by Australian government and institutions. As we have already know that these Australian scholarships are awarded to the students who met certain requirements. So check the eligibility of each scholarship and apply for one scholarship option that meets your requirements.
General Criteria for the Australian University Scholarships:
Scholarships are being offered on the basis of the academics
- High Academics
- Social work
- Extracurricular activities
- Engineering programs:
- Req-60%-70% in year 12th /graduation.
- Amount-AUD 2000-AUD 7,000.
- Information Technology programs:
- Requirement- 60%-70% in year 12th /or graduation.
- Amount- AUD 2000 to AUD 10,000.
- Business programs:
- Requirement- 60%-70% in year 12th / graduation.
- Amount- AUD 2000 up to 50%.
List of Scholarships in Australia for International Students
Here we have given the the list of International Scholarships and fellowships that are offering an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development by studying in Australia. There are mainly two types of scholarships are available to the international students who wish to study in Australia, they are
- Scholarships to the international students offered by Australian Government.
- Scholarships to the international students offered by Australian Universities.
Australian Government Scholarships
The Australian Government Scholarships are the Scholarships awarded to the international students by the Government of Australia. These Australian Government Scholarships are administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. These Scholarships provides opportunities to the students from developing countries, particularly from the countries located in the indo-pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. Usually, the Australian Government Scholarships covers full tuition fees, establishment allowance, return air travel, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), etc.
- Australia Awards Scholarships.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS).
Australian University Scholarships
The Universities in Australia also offers a large number of scholarship options to the international students. The Students are eligible to get the scholarships offered by the university only if they have applied to the particular university. To Award these Scholarships the universities invite applications from eligible candidates. This Usually covers tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for Ph.D. students.
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarships.
- Macquarie University International Scholarships.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships.
- Adelaide Scholarships International.
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students.
- Monash University International Merit Scholarships.
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships.